Autumn is here and it's a great time to take a look at your wardrobe and reevaluate what no longer looks good on you or is just plain worn out - what you should keep and what clothes are destined for donation. I like to do this twice a year.
Most of us accumulate clothing every season. We've convinced ourselves that getting new clothes will make us more joyful, more fashionable, and more popular.
Have you ever thought of really pairing down and owning fewer clothes?
As I was cleaning out my closet a few years back I started to wonder how my life would look if I owned fewer clothes?” I started to wear more solid colors and yoga pants and tee shirts were becoming a habit. But I also wanted something that would enhance my "new uniform". I wanted something that could dress me up and add a bit of boho chic and all I would have to do is change my shoes and put on lipstick!
As I considered the question I realized that by having fewer clothes I would have more income, more time to live my life, experience less stress, have uncluttered closets and make packing for trips and vacation a breeze. Cool!
Here are some tips to help you on your way to a stress-free, clutter-free, lifestyle.
- Wear fewer colors. Most of us already have a few favorite colors that we wear – usually because we like the way we look in them. Wearing fewer colors means fewer accessories. Just add the LuLuwrap for your color choice.
- One can be enough. One black dress, one swimsuit, one winter coat, one black belt, one pair of black boots, one pair of sneakers, one handbag… One LuLuwrap will give you 12 style choices!
- Buy quality not quantity. Buy clothing that you really love. If your closet is full of things you love, it will bring you joy. The LuLuwrap is made of luxurious silk chiffon
- Donate. Get rid of the clothes you no longer wear. I know it's a tough choice but after the season whatever article of clothing wasn’t worn, no longer fits, or is out of style, should be put into the donation pile.
- Break the habit. Are you feeling depressed? Do you go shopping? When you need a new outfit for a date, do you go shopping? Shopping for that new outfit may not make you feel so good when the bill arrives
Be present, be playful, be divine
#lulubdesign #fashionstyle #mariekondo #goodidea #stylechoice #fashionadvice